Diet Myths and Cancer – 1 CME Point
ORGANISER: NUTRITANK CIC
EVENT TYPE: ONLINE
Rachel White RD, MSc, PgDip, PgCert, BSc(Hons)
Registered Clinical and Sports Dietitian
Rachel White is the Lead Dietitian for Nutritank. As a registered dietitian she also works for the NHS in cancer care working with patients across their cancer journey from diagnosis to living with and beyond cancer. Rachel has over 5 years specialist oncology experience. Rachel also runs her own private practice (Rachel White Nutrition) where she support athletes maximise their potential through performance nutrition.
The talk will include discussions on the common myths around diet and cancer including diary, sugar and dietary supplements. What the evidence is and how to translate that into practice with your patients.
– Improved understanding why patients seek out alternative diets during cancer treatment
– Evidence based information behind special cancer diets
– Practical advice to provide patients with surrounding diet myths and cancer
– Nutrition considerations in cancer
– Resources and where to signpost your patients for further information.