Nutritank contribution to research
Our published papers
BMJ Frontline Gastroenterology: “Teaching medical students about nutrition: from basic principles to practical strategies.”
- A first synthesis of the views of medical students and junior doctors in the UK about Nutrition education
- An understanding of what nutrition related teaching medical students feel is needed in their undergraduate curriculum
- Insights into the need to clarify the role of the doctor in nutritional care
- Nutritank’s response to COVID-19 and its Metabolic health association, making the need greater for more nutrition in medical education.
10 Food and nutrition security in key healthcare workers during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic: a case study informing educational interventions
- A paper to assess how the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic affected food choices and eating behaviours of frontline healthcare staff and students.
- A paper giving an overview of the current status of nutrition education in UK undergraduate medical curricula, highlighting pockets of innovative teaching, alongside areas for improvement
- A paper which calls upon the UK cardiology profession to join our campaign for greater nutrition education within medical training for both undergraduate and postgraduate doctors.