Sleep and mental wellbeing – the relevance of nutrition and diet (0.5 CME Points)
Dr Alex Richardson
30 Minute Webinar
The presentation will provide an overview summary of the importance of nutrition and diet for sleep problems and mental health in general, but with a particular focus on ADHD, ASD, anxiety, depression and related conditions.
- Understand the critical importance of sleep for mental health, wellbeing and performance.
- Appreciate the complex inter-relationships between sleep, mental health and nutrition.
- Know how basic dietary patterns can help to predict both sleep and mental health & wellbeing.
- Know which common essential nutrient deficiencies implicated in most developmental and mental health conditions can also exacerbate poor sleep
- Recognise common symptom profiles that may respond to nutritional or dietary interventions