Understanding drivers of food choice and how to modify them (1 CME Point).
BSc, MSc, PGCE, RNutr
- An overview of innate and learned food preferences, and how they’ve shaped our current food system
- The individuality of taste perception and food liking, and the implication for the individual’s health
- Personal and environmental drivers of food choice in the current food system.
- How to modify environments and behaviours to support positive changes in food choice and enhance liking of healthier foods.
- You will understand some of the key drivers of food liking and the reasons behind them
- You will understand how the balance of socio-environmental factors, learned behaviour and individual biology influences food choice
- You will understand how eating environments can be managed to optimise the likelihood of people making healthier choices.
- You will learn strategies to help improve liking and consumption of healthier foods.